Tag: louisiana filmmakers
The marsh atmosphere in ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’ and the editing and VFX relationship that helped shape it
When you cut through the external buzz of ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’, what you have is an adventure mystery built on the foundation of an atmosphere. The marsh – the buzz of cicadas and the sun that drips down through the cypress trees – it’s a living piece of this story. The effects and the composition are paramount.
We talked to editor Alan E. Bell and VFX Supervisor Kolby Kember of ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’ about how they helped build the atmosphere of Crawdads with their editing and visual effects expertise.
The Art of Virtual Production: LSU’s JaNiece Campbell Talks Worldbuilding for ‘The Snow’ with Unreal Engine
The sprouting scene of Louisiana filmmakers continues to grow and its ground level is a virtual production stage at LSU School of Art.Read More
Some of the splashiest and most memorable elements in a film are created by artists who operate completely invisible to the viewer. One of these unsung behind-the-scenes wizards conjuring digital sorcery is CJ Cole, a VFX Producer with the team at Crafty Apes in Baton Rouge.Read More
Movies Set in New Orleans Made with Louisiana Talent: The VFX Artists of Crafty Apes on Filling Arenas and Playing with Fire for Netflix Film ‘Home Team’
Somewhere deep within the creative caverns of a studio in Baton Rouge, a team of VFX artists make sure your favorite movies and shows are bombastic, and fiery, and sometimes–like with the new Netflix movie Home Team–they need to make you feel gross.Read More
- The continuing debate about the ‘Nope’ VFX: brilliantly understated sky chemistry or just another CGI cloud?
- MARZ is ready to accelerate the quality of CG plastic surgery with the release of Vanity AI
- Visual Effects Society announces 2023 VES Awards nominees: ‘Avatar 2’ leads pack and ‘Nope’ VFX surprisingly absent
- Visual Effects Society to announce nominations this weekend for 2023 VES Awards
- Movie Marketing Basics: Throw shade at peers just before theatrical release
- The atmosphere of snow: two movies and a show that subtly blended nature with effects to portray an environment of beautiful cold murder
- ‘Cocaine Bear’ versus ‘The Revenant’ versus ‘The Jungle Book’: The gory battle of the CGI bears
- The deep-dive speculation supporting why the VFX of ‘Avatar 2: The Way of Water’ is dramatically improved over its predecessor
- First looks at Harrison Ford de-aged in ‘Dial of Destiny’ and why this send-off will not disappoint
- Nicolas Cage Western utilizes Louisiana composer Andrew Morgan Smith to score a good ole’ badass revenge tale with ‘The Old Way’
- Unreal Engine releases Faceware Retargeter and Analyzer courses for beginners who wish to master facial animation faster than a Batman training montage
- Jason Momoa’s ‘Slumberland’ stingingly proves dreamlike CGI doesn’t always translate to positive critical opinion but can still be adored