Editor Chris Witt of ‘Breaking’ starri...
Posted by We'll Fix It In Post | Aug 15, 2022 | Post-Production | 0 |
Editor Chris Witt of ‘Breaking’ talks ...
Posted by We'll Fix It In Post | Aug 11, 2022 | Post-Production | 0 |
The marsh atmosphere in ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’ and the editing and VFX relationship that helped shape it
by We'll Fix It In Post | Aug 17, 2022 | VFX, Film Production, Post-Production | 0 |
When you cut through the external buzz of ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’, what you have is an adventure mystery built on the foundation of an atmosphere. The marsh – the buzz of cicadas and the sun that drips down through the cypress trees – it’s a living piece of this story. The effects and the composition are paramount.
We talked to editor Alan E. Bell and VFX Supervisor Kolby Kember of ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’ about how they helped build the atmosphere of Crawdads with their editing and visual effects expertise.
Editor Chris Witt of ‘Breaking’ starring John Boyega talks about its Sundance-winning ensemble cast and editing Michael K. Williams’ last role (Part II)
by We'll Fix It In Post | Aug 15, 2022 | Post-Production | 0 |
In the second part of the 2-part series, editor Chris Witt of ‘Breaking’ talks about the storytelling growth brought on by strict deadlines, staying on point with editing challenges, and the surreal joy of editing one of Michael K. Williams’ last film roles.Read More
Editor Chris Witt of ‘Breaking’ talks the care of cutting real-world source material in a true-to-life thriller
by We'll Fix It In Post | Aug 11, 2022 | Post-Production | 0 |
Breaking will release theatrically on August 26th, and we spoke to the editor Chris Witt about drawing from real-world audio and testimony for a film like Breaking, working with director Abi Damaris Corbin and Michael K. Williams, and the creative reward of finding undiscovered moments in that last perfect takeRead More
- What’s happening at SIGGRAPH 2023?
- Unreal Fellowship shows that during the 2023 writers’ strike, artists can find avenues to creatively grow
- What does environmental sustainability look like in VFX? The 2023 movements toward green production
- Blood, sweat, and more blood: VFX Supervisor Andy Byrne talks the CG effects of ‘Renfield’
- Grilled movie hotdogs vs. cinematic pork butts: the marketing strategy contrasts of ‘Crater’ and ‘Barbie’ show that all we want is nostalgia food
- Revenge-hungry dogs, 11-foot bears, and head-chomped octopi: the diverse approaches to special effects that make the wild look real in 2023
- What’s your blood type? A lesson in the stylistic spectrum of movie gore
- The John Wick franchise cinematography and the cameras and color palettes that give us elegant luscious melty noir
- The facial animation frontier quest for complete realism: examining the developments and attitudes of 2023
- The 2023 Annecy International Animation Film Festival prepares for another record-breaking attendance
- The ‘Shadow and Bone’ VFX: Pure nerd speculation on what viewers can look for in Season Two
- Crafty Apes VFX releases highlight reel from ‘National Treasure: Edge of History’ series